Step-by-Step Instructions: Searching Files
Need to find a file with your account and can't remember exactly where it is? No problem! Use the search bar to instantly search files or folders through your entire account! An Index feature rapidly indexes all readable file content in the account, making word searches lightning-fast! You can create your own keywords and then "tag" files to easily search by keyword. Search by file or folder names, text in files, meta tags, or even comments.
Let's Get Started:
1. Login to your FileAssist account.
2. On the top right-hand side, click on the search box.
3. Type what you need to search for and press enter on your keyboard or click the search button (magnifying glass) on the right side of the search box.
4. To expand or close additional search options, select the down arrow to the right of the search button.
4. Enter your search criteria in the appropriate fields, then click search.
Note: You may select a different folder to search in by clicking the Browse button. A * denotes a wildcard search, which means you may replace parts of your keyword with the asterisk to allow a full search (e.g., mark* as a search criteria will return all results within files or folders that contain the word mark, such as marketing, market, marksman, markup, etc.)
5. Files matching your search criteria will be returned in the bottom window. From here you may export to an Excel or text file, or access the selected files accordingly.
Important Information Regarding Search
- The search feature is an intensive process on the server and for this reason we limit the time taken by this process to support a very large number of users accessing this feature. The search feature is extremely fast, so all practical searches can be performed within the time allowed.
- If you receive a Timeout error message, try limiting the folders you are searching, specify the file types (i.e.: *.doc), or try a more exact search phrase.