Watermarking can help deter unauthorized re-sharing of sensitive information in your account. If you have ever needed the ability to watermark a file for preview or download within your FileShare link, here's how you do it.
Note: Enabling watermarking will convert the files to PDF's when downloaded.
1) Log into your account.
2) Click on the Share tab at the top of the screen.
3) Create a new FileShare link or Edit an existing one from the Manage section.
4) Click on the Access & Permissions tab within the FileShare link module.
5) From here, in the middle of the display, you'll see a Watermark section.
The features available for watermarking are:
- Custom text field- You can enter your own text to appear on the file.
- Position- The location of the watermark can be on the bottom (footer) or the center of the page.
- Size- The size of the text can range from 8px to 24px.
- Color- The color of the watermark text can be Grey, White, Red, Green, Blue, or Black.
- Recipient's Email Address- Selecting this will place the recipient's email. If the link is generated instead of being sent, it will display GENERALLINK instead.
- FileShare ID- Selecting this will display the unique id for the FileShare.
- Destination IP Address- Selecting this will display the IP address of the recipient's device.
- Download Timestamp- Selecting this will display the timestamp of the download.
Sample watermark and how it displays on a document
Watermarking is only supported for the following file types.
Support Document Types:
Support Image Types: